Root Canal Therapy – Jupiter, FL
Pain Relief You Shouldn’t Fear
If you only listened to the media, you’d think that getting a root canal is akin to some kind of medieval torture, but in reality, it’s one of the best tools we have for stopping the most severe toothaches. Every tooth actually has a small nerve located in the interior tooth layer called the dental pulp, and if this tissue becomes infected or damaged for any reason, it can lead to quite a bit of dental pain. Instead of simply extracting the tooth, we can save it while giving a patient the fast relief they need using root canal therapy in Jupiter . And, thanks to our team’s expertise, we can promise that the procedure will be a completely painless experience.
Why Choose Our Dental Office for Root Canal Therapy?
- Same-Day Appointments Available For Patients in Pain (Including Weekends)
- Multiple Sedation Methods Available
- Patient Comfort is Priority #1
Do I Need Root Canal Therapy?
If you are unsure whether you need root canal therapy, it is important that you meet with your dentist in Jupiter for an appointment . While pain is one of the most common symptoms associated with this type of dental problem, it is not always an indicator. Some of the other signs you should consider include:
- Increasing tooth pain throughout your face, bone, jaw, or other teeth
- Increasing tooth sensitivity
- The tooth feels loose
- The tooth is damaged (cracked or chipped)
- It is hard to eat or painful to the touch
- Your gums become inflamed
- Your tooth becomes discolored because of the damaged pulp
A cavity or serious facial trauma may require more than a traditional dental crown. This is when a root canal is likely to be recommended by our team.
The Root Canal Process
If a patient comes to see us with a hurting tooth and we recommend a root canal, the procedure will involve the following steps:
- The tooth and surrounding area will be numbed using local anesthetic.
- Once a patient can’t feel a thing, a small hole is placed into the enamel.
- This will allow your dentist to remove the damaged pulp, clean the tooth, and fill it with gutta-percha to restore its internal support.
- At a follow-up appointment, the tooth will be rebuilt even more with a dental crown.
While some patients may experience a little sensitivity afterward, the tooth will feel much better than it did before undergoing treatment.
The Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
You might think there are no benefits to getting a root canal, especially if you listen to those who claim the procedure is painful. However, this could not be further from the truth. There are many advantages to receiving this type of dental care, such as:
- Elimination of the pain-causing infection or damage
- Preservation of your natural tooth structure instead of turning to tooth extraction
- A cost-effective solution that requires only a dental crown instead of looking at tooth replacement options that can add up over time
- A natural appearance once treatment is complete because of the lifelike restoration placed on top that blends in with your natural smile
- A treatment with a success rate, allowing you to enjoy your new and improved smile without worry
Understanding the Cost of Root Canals
There is no set cost of root canals. The price of the procedure can vary depending on a number of different factors. After we evaluate the specifics of your situation, we will be able to provide you with a personalized estimate. We will also familiarize you with your payment options, such as insurance, financing, and our in-house savings plan.
Factors That Can Affect Root Canal Cost
A few factors that can have a bearing on the cost of root canal therapy for patients in Jupiter include:
- The type and location of the tooth. Some teeth have more complex anatomy than others, so they tend to be more difficult to treat.
- The overall complexity of the case. Our dentists can usually perform root canal therapy in-house. In some cases, though, we must refer patients to an outside specialist whose pricing structure is different from our own.
- Additional services. You may choose to be sedated during your procedure, and you will likely need a crown afterward. These services can add to the total cost of your care.
Is It Cheaper to Pull My Tooth?
Upfront, an extraction has a lower price than root canal therapy. However, we recommend that you think about the long-term financial consequences of any treatment you choose
If you opt to have a tooth extracted, you should get it replaced as soon as possible. Otherwise, you may suffer from complications like dental drift and future tooth loss. A bridge or dental implant to fill in the empty space can be somewhat costly.
On the other hand, root canal therapy is usually a one-time treatment that provides many years of benefits. It is an excellent value, and in most cases, it ultimately costs less than an extraction.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Root Canals?
In most cases, yes, dental insurance does cover root canal therapy. Depending on the details of your plan, the procedure might be classed as either a minor or major service. Therefore, as little as 40% or as much as 80% of its cost might be covered. Our practice is in-network with several major plans, and we accept payment from all PPO policies. We will do everything we can to help you understand and maximize your benefits.
Other Options for Making Root Canal Therapy Affordable
Here are a few additional provisions that our patients may use to make their root canal therapy more affordable:
- Our in-house savings plan. For a reasonable annual fee, you can enjoy no-cost preventive care. You can also get a 15% discount on all other in-office services, including root canal therapy. This discount plan is ideal for patients without insurance.
- CareCredit is a third-party financier that provides low-interest payment plans for dental services. The application process is quick, and you may be able to choose from between several different monthly payment amounts.
Are you curious about root canal therapy and its cost? The team at Jupiter Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry is ready to answer your questions. Get in touch today to schedule a consultation.
Root Canal FAQs
As you prepare for your upcoming root canal in Jupiter, you will discover that you have many questions. This is normal. At Jupiter Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry , we aim to provide you with detailed information about the procedure as well as what is to be expected after your root canal is complete. Throughout the process, from consultation to follow-ups, we will remain by your side to ensure that you remain comfortable, confident, and pleased with your results. Part of this process, though, is making sure you have your questions answered, which is why you will find a list of inquiries listed below.
Why not just remove the tooth?
While there is the option to remove your damaged or decayed tooth, it is actually better if we work to keep it in place, especially if it is still functional. Only as a last resort will we opt to remove a tooth. By performing a root canal, your dentist in Jupiter can eliminate the infected or damaged pulp and clear our nearby canals to help your tooth grow stronger and remain firmly in place.
Opting for a tooth extraction will only resort in higher costs because of the additional expenses of having the tooth replaced.
What are the benefits of having a root canal?
There are so many benefits that come with a root canal. Although many people claim it is a painful experience, you will find that you:
- Are free from the pain once the infected or damaged pulp is removed.
- Get to keep your natural tooth instead of having it removed.
- Will receive a customized dental crown that will blend in with your natural tooth color to ensure a seamless and beautiful appearance.
- Will undergo a virtually painless procedure because of the local anesthesia you will receive that ensures a pain-free experience.
- Have lower out-of-pocket costs because most dental insurance companies will pay a portion of your total bill, as long as you’ve met your deductible and have existing funds available in your annual maximum.
What is the success rate for root canals?
Root canals have a high success rate of about 95%, so it is highly unlikely that complications will occur. However, we cannot completely rule out the possibility. It’s important that you make sure that your dentist in Jupiter is qualified to administer this type of treatment, which, fortunately, our team at Jupiter Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry is! By taking special care to ensure your comfort and safe are our top priorities, we will help you to enjoy a healthier, longer-lasting smile.
Can root canals be prevented?
Yes, there are things you can do to keep from needing a root canal. Some of the most common and widely suggested tips include:
- Maintaining good oral hygiene in the mornings and at night
- Continuing to keep your six-month dental checkups and cleaning appointments with your dentist
- Limiting your consumption of unhealthy snacks and foods (i.e., sugars and starches)
- Wearing a mouthguard while playing sports, or a nightguard if you grind your teeth at night
- Never using your teeth to open packages or containers, as this can cause extreme damage to your teeth